Based out of Minnesota and Canada, Cinny is the mommy to JR and Baby Pom. When not working or studying full time, she can be found working on Whirlwind of Surprises or cuddling with her hubby and playing with her dogs. She shines in the warm company of friends and family and enjoys playing with her 3 little nephews. Say hi on Facebook, Pinterest, Google
+, Instagram, or Twitter. Grab this gorgeous Adele dress.
Here in the Midwest, summer is when people thrive and enjoy the outdoors. The winters are cold and the streets are desolate, however when the warmer weather rolls around, the crowds swarm the street. Our friends are a part of that crowd and that often involves a large divot in the savings. Going out to eat, happy hours, and excursions all wear the wallet thin. Learn 5 affordable ways to enjoy summer and protect your savings.
5 Affordable Ways to Enjoy Summer
1) Parks/Walks –Throw on your favorite sleeveless Adele dress like one of my favorite ones I’m wearing in the picture below and head out to the park or enjoy a walk with friends. Enjoy the sun out, laugh and relax like you don’t have a care in the world. Not only is it a great way to soak in the sunshine, it’s also an healthier option.
2) Get together for a potluck –Instead of going out to eat, have a festive get together in someone’s backyard. Have every one bring a dish or drinks over. This is guaranteed fun and saves everyone money on dinner and a minimum 15% tip that you often get charged for parties over 6.
3) Game Night –I see some of you wincing. C’mon, when was the last time you played a board game? They’re not limited to kids. I still enjoy it and you can call me immature but I like to call it good old fashion fun.
4) Head to the Lake/Beach –Maybe it’s because I live in the Midwest but there are many public lakes around for everyone to enjoy. Did I mention that Karina Dresses make for great beach cover-ups? Make a day out of it, enjoy a leisurely walk around the lake, have a picnic lunch, and then dip your feet in the refreshing water.
5) Day trips –Go on a road trip for the day! It doesn’t have to be far. It can even be a different town or city just an hour away. The change of scenery can be fun to explore. I tend to love the little hole-in-the-wall places that we find when traveling. There’s just something mysterious yet surprisingly pleasant when you discover a place like that.
How do you enjoy summer on a budget?