Based out of Minnesota and Canada, Cinny is the mommy to JR and Baby Pom. When not working or studying full time, she can be found working on Whirlwind of Surprises or cuddling with her hubby and playing with her dogs. She shines in the warm company of friends and family and enjoys playing with her 3 little nephews. Say hi on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ or Twitter. Loves her Sophie, which make for awesome summer dresses!
We’ve all been there. The infamous “slump”. Sometimes it is because we are just too worn out, too weary, or things just have not been going well for far too long. Let me tell you my story…
It’s been a tiring year, there’s been many ups and downs, but with 80+ hour work weeks, packed schedules, and the never-ending drudge of self-entitled people I encounter on a daily basis, it has been exceedingly difficult to stay me. Added to that, my husband has been through so much in the last several weeks. I have been running back and forth and when I’m not working, I’m trying to sort things out for him. Needless to say, any remaining time I have goes towards being passed out from exhaustion. Well, it is time to get out of that slump! I, sadly, have not been able to blog as much as I had in the past. Whirlwind of Surprises – my blog, my creativity, my pride, my source of my joy and entertainment.
Time to pick myself up and get out of the quick sand. What about you?
Dress For Success…
My 5 Tips on How To Get Yourself out of a Slump:
- It’s okay to take a break once in a while. There’s nothing wrong with taking a day off and recuperating. Even Superman needs sleep and relaxation!
- Stop making excuses and start doing. Once you’re all rested up, set goals. Write down what you plan on doing and check through it. Somehow, checking off those boxes gives me satisfaction and motivation to keep going.
- Reward yourself for what you’ve done so far. We are humans after all, we cannot work endlessly and tirelessly. It all gets quite bland at some point. Treat yourself for meeting milestones, it doesn’t have to be huge. Lately, one of my girlfriends and I have been making ice-cream runs. We sit, chat, and enjoy our ice-cream. The take-away point? Having good friends and family being there for you helps!
- Put some excitement in your life! Are you bored of the everyday? Do something that gets your adrenaline running again, something that wakes you up and makes you want to care. I retook my motorcycle lessons recently and it was absolutely exhilarating to feel the wind in my hair again.
- Eat well and get moving. When I realized how much processed foods I’d been eating the last several months, it was disgusting. Literally, instant noodles, greasy take-out foods, and the like day in and day out. I don’t think I even had a full serving of vegetables every day. Don’t let it get the best of you. Eat healthier – you are what you eat. Now that I’m cooking more again and balancing my food groups, I’m also feeling a lot better and have more energy to do what I need to do.
It’s not easy to get out of a slump and it’s always lying there in wait, ready to pounce. It’ll get us all at some point or the other but know you can fight your way out and be yourself again.
Like Wayne Gretzky once said,
“You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.“
Let’s start taking shots and getting our lives back on track!
Visit Whirlwind of Surprises for recipes, travel tips, fashion and more!