Tips for a Healthy Pup: Put On A Short Sleeve Dress And Walk!
Based out of Minnesota and Canada, Cinny is the mommy to JR and Baby Pom. When not working or studying full time, she can be found working on Whirlwind of Surprises or cuddling with her hubby and playing with her dogs. She shines in the warm company of friends and family and enjoys playing with her 3 little nephews. Say hi on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, or Twitter. Looking forward to trying a Megan dress next.
A man’s best friend…well renowned as loyal pups. We love them, we spoil and pamper them. What’s the problem? Well, with all our love and pampering and busy lifestyles…the result is an obese dog. Yes, we loved them but are we loving them to death? Obesity is the same in humans and our four-legged friends. Too much can cause strain on their bodies, their joints, just like it does in us. So how can we help them while maintaining the love? Here are my tips to keeping your furry friend happy and healthy!
Throw on your short sleeve dress…
Here are 5 tips for a healthy pup!
1) Healthy Exercise -Different sized dogs and breeds have different exercise requirements. Try to take them out for walks at least once a day. However, in the case of my 5lb Pom, no matter how many times he gets walked a day, he still has relentless amounts of energy! Put on a short sleeve dress, it might get hot!
2) Treats -I am guilty of giving treats to my pups. Who isn’t? However, I limit the amount of treats I give and when I do, I prefer to give dental treats that are not only good for their dental hygiene but also well received by them. I try to limit the treats to 1-2 per day and the size of the treat based on the size of the pup.
3) Vaccinations -It can be tedious sometimes to keep up with everything but the vaccinations are important and if you do it right, the rabies vaccine can last you 3 years. I typically like to go to the low cost vaccination clinics because not only are the staff knowledgeable about what is due and when, but the prices are also reasonable. Recently, they tailored a vaccination schedule for the pups so that I could keep their rabies shot in sync with each other.
4) Heartworm Medications -An important part of preventive health for the pups, however always important to check their blood first because an infected pup needs to be treated before they can receive heartworm medications.
5) Fresh food/water -A simple basic that should never be missed! A huge part of healthy pups is their environment and what they eat and drink. Simple but plays a great part in their day to day health.
What other tips do you have?
Visit Whirlwind of Surprises for recipes, travel tips, fashion and more! Need a new short sleeve dress to walk your pup in? Be sure to check out our online store for the latest and greatest Karina Dresses styles and prints!