Based out of Minnesota and Canada, Cinny is the mommy to JR and Baby Pom. When not working or studying full time, she can be found working on Whirlwind of Surprises or cuddling with her hubby and playing with her dogs. She shines in the warm company of friends and family and enjoys playing with her 3 little nephews. Say hi on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, or Twitter. Love at first sight? Grab this gorgeous Jenny dress.
Well, I’ll be. My husband has never been the most romantic of guys. Me on the other hand? I am a hopeless romantic. I’m the one in the relationship that’s all about surprise gifts and hand-made gifts and things that come from the heart. Don’t get me wrong, I’m very practical. However, what’s life without a bit of romance and flair?
In the over a decade that I’ve been with my husband, he just wasn’t meant to be romantic. I can probably count on my one hand what he’s done through all these years. He’s never really fully managed to surprise me. Most of the time, he’s so adorably clumsy that he slips up a little here and there, and I have my suspicions. Like a good wife though, I stay silent so that it remains a surprise.
Well, he got me this time. The sweetest little surprise and perhaps the first real surprise ever that completely blew me away. I was so distracted by the adorable little note he left me, which was already out of his character, that despite sitting on his surprise present and feeling a sharp edge under me, I just waved it out of my mind. He actually got me jewelry. The hubby went out and spent time to choose something just for me and that just simply melted my heart.
We all have ups and downs in our relationships but what makes it work? Here are my
5 Tips for Success:
1) Listen -That’s a trait we all could get better at. We’d be so much happier if we just listened to one another and I mean truly listen.
2) Communication -Communication is just as important as listening. If we don’t say it out loud, how can we assume that our partners just know?
3) Teamwork – Just like any team, a successful relationship requires more than 1 person’s effort.
4) Laugh -We often do silly little things to make each other laugh. No, I’m not going to demonstrate. There’s something about our intimate bond and trust in each other that allows us to act like goofballs around one another and no one else.
5) Little Things Count -A little good night kiss, a simple “I love you”, a heartfelt thank you are all little things to keep the romance alive.
How do you keep the romance alive?