I have moved many times in my life. West coast, east coast, city and country. We have all done it! Most recently, my parents are moving out of the house my siblings and I grew up in. A house that they have spent the last 50 years of their marriage in. Moving can be exhausting, physically and emotionally. It has been recognized as one of the most stressful experiences any of us can go through. Throw on your dress for everyday and practice the art of moving!
Karina Dresses Art Of Moving Tips:
- Supplies: Have boxes, tape, labels, markers and lots of bubble wrap and newspaper ready to go!
- Pack A Little Each Day: Never leave it to the last minute, as this can make things more overwhelming for you.
- Enlist Friends: Make a party out of it. Gather friends to help move items, pack or unpack. The more, the merrier!
- Organize: Get your belongings into stacks of keep, throw away/recycle, sell or donate.
- Packing: Use clothing to wrap your most fragile items. Socks are great for packing glasses or stemware!
- Label: Be sure to include contents and destination room on each box, and always remember to include whether or not the contents are fragile!
- Electronics: Take a picture of all of the cords so that you don’t have to guess where all of the wires go during re-assembly.
- Essentials: Pack a separate overnight back with your essentials.
- Bathroom: Pack a new shower liner with clean towels so that you can hang it easily and take a shower with clean, fresh towels after a long day.
- Bedding: Other than your essential overnight bag and shower, you’ll need a box with bed linens and pillows. A good night’s rest is all you’ll need for the next days of unpacking!
- Pets and/or Children: This is stressful for them, too! Hire a sitter for the day to keep them safe from the commotion.