April is an energetic real life curvaceous Fashionista, loving Mother, and Wife with a passion for life and fashion. Karina Dresses is a dress for mom on the go! April’s fashion sense started early, pulling pages out of magazines to construct her dream closet as a young girl. In order to satiate her habit for all things beautiful, she mixes high and low end pieces. You can find April on April GoLightly, Twitter @April_GoLightly, Instragram @AprilGoLightly, Pinterest, Facebook, YouTUBE, and Bloglovin.
Inevitably, someone will compliment your dress while you are out looking fabulous and confident in your Karina Dress. It’s easy to get compliments in the Ruby! You can use this opportunity to start a dialogue about your American Made Dress. You can talk about how proud you are to support hardworking Americans with safe working conditions and child labor laws. Karina Dresses was a finalist in Martha Stewart’s American Made competition.
Here are a few talking points to add to your American Made Dress arsenal:
- Some foreign countries have poor labor standards that allow unsafe worker conditions in many countries. When you buy American made dresses you support American workers, safe working conditions, and child labor laws.
- Goods manufactured and purchased in United States contribute to GDP (Gross Domestic Product) which is the statistic that they consider when people talk about economic growth.
- The manufacturing process in foreign countries is not always the best. US manufacturing is better for the environment. When you purchase American-made product, you know that you are helping keep the world clean.
- By purchasing from other counties where the US has a trade deficit, you are contributing to that trade deficit. A trade deficit is when a country’s imports exceeds its exports. The US trade deficit leads to unsustainable borrowing from other countries. This deficit stifles economic growth.
- Safety standard are sometimes lower in other countries. When you buy goods made in the USA, you can be confident that American consumer protection laws and safety standards are being utilized.
When you buy American, you get to meet the people you are purchasing from. The founder of Karina Dresses, Karina Cousineau began her career as a lemonade entrepreneur at the age of seven. She is a farmer’s daughter that launched Karina Dresses from her home in New York’s Catskills Mountains with the vision of creating the perfect American Made Dress. All Karina Dresses are handmade in Brooklyn, New York made by workers that are provided all the benefits of working in America.
Why do you buy american made dresses?