Favorite Karina dress:
I have my eye on the Penelope in Green and White Polka Dots (stripes and dots forever!).
What are your every day, must-reads, online or off?
Email, Twitter, Forbes, Fast Company, HuffPo, AstroStyle, and books about manifesting and the metaphysical (I have a paradoxical need to feed both my left and right brains).
You’re a multi-tasking guru: blogging, full time job, husband + dog, writing for tons of online publications, you even had your own product line. What are your tips for staying sane/maintaining balance?
I don’t know about sane, but I stay happy by spending time with the people (and dog!) who know and love me and by saying no to any activity that doesn’t add value or meaning to my life. It took most of my adult life to learn how to say no, and it’s the most empowering thing now. Exercise, meditation, travel and TV—I’m a bit of a junkie—are also essential to staying centered.
What are your five favorite beauty products right now?
1. Bobbi Brown Color Corrector – life-changing if you’ve got dark undereye circles.
2. Bare Escentuals Faux Tan – the only bronzer that doesn’t leave my skin orangey or shimmery.
3. Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads – a peel and a self-tanner in one. Use it at night and wake up with a perfect complexion.
4. Tarte Emphaseyes Inner Rim Brightener – A soft, peach pencil that makes me look like I’ve slept 12 hours.
5. Bobbi Brown Beach – I break out this classic summer fragrance every season to conjure up the surf and sand, even while I’m sitting in Cubeland.
If you could give your 16 year old self advice, what would you say?
Stop worrying, start living.
Your perfect day. What would it look like?
A hike or run with Molly Thomas, our white lab, soy latte and the weekend edition of the WSJ, an afternoon at the spa, and dinner out with dear friends and plenty of champagne. That or a day at the beach with a really good book!
Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth!Photo Credits: Megan Norman Photography (first and last photos), Woodnote Photography (photos 2 and 5)